The ROC World cup results are in and apparently Uni Mind Is a thing now. 20 of the top 32 teams featured him.
I had been working on the team for a while that might have a decent chance against the Uni-mind by throwing several low point (or no point) figures in his way to chump block (MTG term for tie up) and then rise from the grave to do it all over again. So here is the team:
- TMT053A – 150 points
- SMWW055P (on Hela) – 25 points
- TMT002 Loki – 65 points
- TMT002T – 10 points
- TMTG001P – 25 points
- TMTG007P – 20 points
- NFAOSNFID-007 (Nick “balls of ” Fury) – 5 points
- Total = 300 points
So this team is built around Hela’s trait, “RELEASE THE SOULS OF HEL: When a non-bystander character is KO’d, heal Hela 1 click and you may generate a Warrior Soul bystander normally (in an adjacent square) or in that character’s square.” These warrior souls aren’t pushovers either. With phasing, blades, and super senses they can be frightening in large numbers.
The goal is to make all of your pieces besides Hela irritating enough so that your opponent will need to kill them before killing Hela because the Loki figures and the retaliators will each grant you a warrior soul bystander token when they die. Even if the Loki figures are killed by their own effect or push to KO, you still get bystanders!
So hopefully play will go something like this:
- Move a Loki illusion up to someone. Coerce them to attack you.
- You either hit Shape Change and get a free Loki, or you don’t.
- If the Loki Illusion dies make a warrior soul in that spot.
- Then on your turn retaliate with frost giant and give someone an action token. When Frost Giant dies make a warrior soul in that spot.
- If the opponent manages to kill the Loki Illusion, the Frost Giant, and then both warrior souls they will have earned a whopping 20 points and probably needed to use 4 actions to do it.
- Repeat with second Loki Illusion and Surtur on the other side of the board.
Eventually you will start killing your opponents figures which generate more souls and make things worse for your opponent. While the rest of your forces keep the opponent busy. Hela can phase from place to place and pick off weakened characters with the extra damage she gets from eclipso. And when the time is right she can line up a Nick Fury or Surtur killshot on the opponents best figure.